Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Reading

I almost don't want to post anything except Wednesday Romances! And, I'll admit, lately that's all I've been doing. I just want to see how everything ends! :)

It's nearly summer time. I love to read in the summer time. For some reason, nothing quite beats sitting on the porch on a summer's evening and reading a book while eating a popsicle. I just doesn't get any better than that.

The last couple of months, I've been reading Georgette Heyer's books. I had never read them before. If you've never read anything by her, I'd encourage it. She writes Regency Romances and they are lots of fun! One of my favorites is These Old Shades. But I have enjoyed all of the ones I've read! :)

The wealthy and powerful Duke of Avon buys a young boy, Leon, suspecting that the child is being mistreated by his older brother; the Duke is also struck by the boy's unusual colouring, which reminds him of his enemy's red hair and dark brows. Making the boy his page, the Duke wins the child's devotion, much to the amusement of his friends, who find the Duke forbidding, selfish, and sometimes cruel. When it is revealed that Leon is actually Leonie, the Duke adopts the spirited, winsome girl as his ward and introduces her into society. Intrigue, romance, and the trademark Heyer wit ensue.

I also recently read Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater. She writes YA/Fantasy.

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl.

A WONDERFUL book!! I'd strongly reccommend that one too! Although I was very disappointed that there was a short scene where they actually slept together. It added nothing to the plot and really didn't need to be in there. But besides that, I couldn't put it down.

Now, I have another book sitting on my pile by her. It's called Ballad. I'm eager to read it!
What's on your reading list for the summer? I'm always open to suggestions.

Happy reading!!

And Happy Kisses!

No comments: