Monday, April 26, 2010

LDStorymakers Conference 2010

This past weekend I attended the LDStorymakers Conference 2010. It was LOTS of fun! I met some fun people and some great authors. I can't name everyone I met, but they were all gracious and fun! In the past, I've put up reviews for some of them! It's fun to meet people I've only ever talked to on-line! All the classes were wonderful and boot camp was very helpful! I also attended the Whitney Awards. I just can't tell you how much fun I had through it all! Congrats to everyone who won a Whitney and a big thanks to everyone who put on the conference!
This is me with Joyce DiPastena, author of Loyalty's Web and Illuminations of the Heart. She and I met on-line at ANWA and have become good friends. It was fun to finally meet her!
This is me with Tina Scott, and Liz Adair, author of Counting the Cost (for which she won the Whitney Award for Best Romance!) All three of us belong to ANWA.
This is me with Sarah M. Eden, author of Courting Miss Lancaster. She was also in charge of my boot camp group! She's a sweetheart and I found out she lives just a few minutes from me! How fun!!!
This is me and Tina Scott. She and I did boot camp together!
This is my husband being silly and taking candid pictures of me!

These are the ANWA members who were at the Whitney Awards Banquet on Saturday night. I wish I could name them all for you, but I can't!

2 comments:

Lori Conger said...

Rachel, are you a member of Authors Incognito? I am so I know some of the same people you do. I had to miss the Storymaker's Conference this year, but I usually go and love it. My sister is Katie Martinez (which is how I got onto your blog), and she's told me she had a friend that writes, so I'm glad I am able to introduce myself. I live in Kaysville, UT and I am just a beginning writer, hoping to one day be published. There's so much I could say but since this is just a little blog post, I'll end. But it's nice to meet you!

Rachel Harlin said...

Lori,
Thanks for stopping by! This was my first conference and it was lots of fun!! I signed up for Incognito but I may have written down my wrong email. :( I'll have to check that out! And yes, I LOVE Katie! How cool to have a sister so awesome! I guess that must make you awesome too! (Don't argue it. Just smile!) Are you a member of ANWA? You'd love that group too! What kinds of things do you write? If you ever want to drop me a line, you can email me. rachelrager(dot)romance(at)gmail(dot)com.
Happy Kisses!