Thursday, November 6, 2008

The ways of the world

Life often seems to go on with or without us (I don't know if you've ever realized that.) Yesterday, I had my tonsils taken out and though my world has seemed to idle around me, everyone else's goes on. They say that it's more painful to get your tonsils taken out as an adult. Never having experienced this as a young child, I don't know for sure. But I do know I've experienced a lot more fun things in life. Although, my girls have loved the jell-o, the popsicles and ice cream, and of course, the homemade chicken noodle soup. Plus, Daddy is home a lot more. It is interesting to note that when you take the mom out of the family equation, the world seems much more off balance. But my husband is coping miraculously well. (Although, I have never seen him quite as tired as he was last night after he finally got the girls to bed.) (Yes, I am a touch smug about that!)
But on a better note, I had a great Halloween. I'm teaching the music for a preschool and so I dressed up too. My girls loved it and many of my preschoolers didn't even recognize me. That was pretty fun! I love to dress up and play pretend. I used to participate in school plays (mostly musicals) and I loved it!!! It's so much fun to live vicariously through others. Perhaps that's why I like to write! Who knows.

No comments: