Monday, November 28, 2011

Bitter Blessings by Christine Mehring

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!! One of my favorite things to have is lemon meringue pie. And my dad ALWAYS makes the best!! Now it's on to Christmas Candy! (Yesterday I made peanut brittle and raspberry swirl cheesecake.) But perhaps I'll write more about that another time.


I have also been reading a lot lately! I haven't even had much time to write because I've been reading. Here's a review for one of my recent readings.


I was thrilled to receive an advanced copy of Bitter Blessings and read through it. Christine Mehring is a gifted author who has a good sense of writing well rounded characters. Here's the blurb for the book.


Blurb:

Megan has the perfect life, but when her mother dies in an accident, everything spins out of control. With the rest of her family falling apart, Megan must confront her past to uncover the truths that will keep everyone together. Thought-provoking and heartfelt, this book shows that even in times of trial, you can often find blessings.

My Take:

I was stunned at how real everything felt while I read this. I don't always enjoy this type of book because it feels too real to endure. But I was impressed with the emotions Mehring was able to provoke in me as I read this. It is a touching story of faith and courage. (You may need to keep a box of tissues nearby.) This story contained a bit of romance, heartache, and some soul searching. In the end, it was an enjoyable book illustrating the bonds of family.


If you would like to purchase a copy of Bitter Blessings visit Christine Mehring's website.


Happy reading!!

No comments: