Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Privileged First Kiss

I had a request to post the winning kissing story here. I can't tell you how I chose the winning story because there's no real logical way. I loved all the stories and they all spoke to me in different ways. This one just was ultimately sneaky and made both my husband and I laugh. So, here it is.

Valerie Ipson's kissing story:


My first kiss was when I was 17. Back then (waaay back) it was all about NOT kissing on the first date. Well, I went on a first date with a guy, and on my doorstop at the end of the evening, he says, "May I have the privilege of giving you a kiss?" Besides controlling the urge to bust out laughing, I was a little miffed. How was I supposed to say no to that--No, you may not have the privilege of giving me a kiss. I was uncomfortable at the thought of having to say that, so I said yes. So much for being strong and holding my ground against the dreaded "first date" kiss.

Thanks again to everyone who participated!

* The winner of By Love or By Sea for Day 2 of our Summer Treasure Hunt contest is Phyllis Lamken of Idaho! Congratulations Phyllis!!

1 comment:

Valerie Ipson said...

When I told my husband I won a kissing contest he said, "Of course you did." But he did wonder why it wasn't a story about kissing him!