Monday, October 20, 2008

The Challenges of Blogging



I have been blogging probably for a good ten months now, not always on my website but for my family and close friends. And I have been blogging some for my website but it feels a little more like a book review. And I read so much that it seems like a good place to put them. However, I know how boring that can be, so I'm sorry. I also am not a huge fan of the way the blogger on my website works, so I'm trying something new and we'll see how well it works.

As I was setting this site up today, it was easy enough to set up, but I am not a fan of traditional background layouts. So I wanted something a little more fun than the norm. I am also not a huge fan of the cutesy blogs. (I know, I know. But let me finish.) I think part of the reason is because I'm somewhat jealous of the people that have time and the talent to be so crafty and cutesy. I'm just not. Not to mention, when I tried to put up a cute background up before, it went horribly wrong! And I could not figure out how to fix it. So I settled for something else. (I hate settling.) But, what I like about the cutesy backgrounds is you can change them so easily. Well, easily once you figure out how it works to begin with. And let me tell you, the instructions say it's easy, and it is once you figure it out, but I had one heck of a time figuring it out! But I finally did, and this is the end result. Not too bad, if I do say so myself!

So there you have it. All the ins and outs of my incompatability with blogs. But at least I'm trying, right? Have a great fall day! It's beautiful here. Now that I've figured this all out, I'm going to enjoy the weather!

No comments: