Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Book Lunch

Today for our book lunch let’s start with lunch!! Food is always the best place to start. (Well, unless we’re starting with kisses, that is!)

Last weekend my husband went to scout camp, and so I mixed him some hamburger. He didn’t need all the meat, so today I used it in my lunch! This is one of the best burgers I’ve ever had! (Just so you know!)

I started with a pound of hamburger and added 2 or 3 Tablespoons of Tastefully Simple’s Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix seasoning, also about a half cup crumbled feta and an egg (to hold everything together.) I mixed it all really well, shaped the meat into burgers and then I grilled them!!! YUM!!! And instead of using a typical hamburger bun, I had some hard dinner rolls from the bakery that I sliced and used. Added my favorite condiments and had a killer burger!!! (Unfortunately, I used the last of my seasoning and it’s so expensive that I think I’m going to have to figure out an alternative. Or come up with a different combination of something I like!)

Now for my book.

I’m currently reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. Anyone who knows me also knows that I’m the LAST one to read any kind of series! I hate series! Why? Because I have to read them ALL!!! So I put it off until I have nothing else to read. And then a scarcely come up for air.

I did the same thing with Harry Potter years ago. I didn’t really hear about those books until book 4 (Goblet of Fire) came out. EVERYONE was reading it! Highly annoying! I was in a play that summer, and everyone was reading it whenever they weren’t on stage, and then they were talking all about it. SO annoying. And they were so crazy for the next one to come out. I wanted NO part of that. Then my brother started reading them and somehow talked the rest of my family into reading them. I resisted. I think I made it another year before I gave in. It got to the point where I had no idea what my family was talking about. EVER!! So I gave in, and of course, was hooked. Then I was crazy waiting for the next one to come out!

So you see, I don’t read series. Too much anxiety! I try to wait for them all to come out, or avoid them all together. As a result, I’m usually the last one to read any type of series.

I’d been through the library enough to have seen Inkheart on the shelf more than once. I’d even picked it off the shelf and read the back. I have tried to talk my daughter into reading it more than once. But a couple weeks ago, I was looking for a book for my book club. (We didn’t like any of the one’s on the library book club list.) Well, I was trying to find a book to read where there were either enough books for everyone in the group or almost enough books. Most of the novels with more than one book were number #2+ in a series but not #1. So Inkheart was best thing I could find with enough copies.

Really, it hasn’t turned out to be too terrible of a book. (I’ll probably post a review on it when I’m finished.) I’ve enjoyed the lightheartedness of it. I have about 100 pages left, which is good since my book club is in two days! After reading a bit of it, I discovered there’s also been a movie made. Here’s a clip. So I’m interested to watch it when I’m done. Even though I’m aware that the movies are NEVER as good as the books. Still, I’m curious how they differ from each other.

So there you have it. Our book lunch! I hope you had a great lunch, too and are reading something fun! Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you’re favorite lunch is or share what you’re reading. After all, I’m almost done with Inkheart and am going to need a new book to read!

No comments: